Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, October 31, 2011

Sick in Hawaii

I really can't think of anything worse right now that being away from home, in paradise with a 6 day old & sick. Tomorrow Avery goes for her 1 week old newborn check-up & after that we plan to find me a doctor. I have some kind of upper respiratory crud which I assume was caused by the combination of airplane germs, lack of sleep, jet lag & hospital germs. Lucky me.

I have been trying to keep my distance from Avery but its so hard. She is getting to know us & if she is awake she really wants to be held. I just try not to cough or breathe on her too much & put her down once she doses off. Hopefully I can get some meds tomorrow so will not spread this crud to her & be free to hold/cuddle her all I want.

Chris has been awesome & did all the feedings last night once we realized how sick I had become & has taken care of her & me most the day. He went out several times today to get me more drugs & some white hot chocolate, YUM. He always spoils me when I'm sick.

1 comment:

Keysgal@QuietWater said...

Sorry to hear that you are feeling so bad just when you want to be your best. Hope you get some good meds that will help you kick it and you can love on that little baby girl. So happy for all of you.