We are at 40 weeks with no change from last week except an induction date has been set. I haven't dilated anymore, just a fingertip, her heartrate is good, the non-stress test went well & the fluid levels are fine too. We did ask the ultra sound tech to measure her & she estimated her weight to be 8 lbs 6 oz, so she may be close to 9 lbs next week (Oh Boy). We are to go to the hospital next Thursday @ 5:30pm & Dr. Schneider will start inducing me at 7pm. I really thought I would be upset if we didn't go to the hospital today but the doctor explained that it just wasn't in my best interests since my body isn't showing signs of being ready to deliver & he would rather wait. I trust my doctor so I am okay with his plans. I am even more excited that he will be the one inducing me. Now he may not deliver her depending on how long it takes me to dilate but at least he will be there for the beginning.
Mother of the Year
4 years ago