Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, December 19, 2008

More Appointments

On Wednesday little Emma went to the Pediatrician's office to get her first round of RSV shots (yes our insurance approved the shots) & they also sent us home with some Zantac. Emma still is under weight (8 lbs, 15.5 oz, she should be well over 9 lbs) & her doctor says she should be eating 4 oz at every feeding but she only takes 2 - 3 & maybe 3.5 if you are lucky. So Dr. Koonce wants us to try Zantac for 7-10 days to see if it helps with her fussiness during eating & it she will start taking more. She said if it doesn't change her eating habits we can stop giving it to her. She isn't positive she has reflux & we don't think she does either but she wants to give it a try. Emma is due to go back on Dec. 29 for another weight check & hopefully that will be the last one. Maybe she just isn't a big eater & is going to be a small little girl. She doesn't seem to be unhappy, hungry or fussy during the day, only during feedings. Her Daddy thinks she doesn't like her formula & wants to switch but the Ped isn't in favor of that, we may do it anyway. She is such a sweet little baby. She is babbling & smiling more everyday.

I had my post partum appointment yesterday & Dr. Zerkle lifted all my restrictions. He said I can now do anything I want to do, but I should pace myself. He said my belly would still be tender & numb for 2-3 more months & it may not heal completely for up to a year. I am due to go back in March for an annual exam.

1 comment:

Leah said...

I'm glad you're doing well. He is correct, the numbness last for awhile...just remember to take it easy still! Try to not worry too much about Emma's weight, sometimes Mommy's know best. If she's not fussy or overly aggatated, maybe she is just going to be petite!