Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

New Tricks

Emma is trying to figure out how to start moving around, but I wouldn't calling it crawling. She will sit with her legs spread out (like in a split position) & place her hands on the floor (we call it her yoga pose) & scoot along the floor on her bottom. Now she doesn't get very far while she scoots but she is moving. You can't even see her move that is how small of a movement it is. I just noticed on Thursday that when I would put her on the floor to play she would suddenly not be on the quilt anymore where I put her so I started watching her. I will have to post a picture of her so you can see her yoga/scooting pose.
She still hasn't gotten the hang of her cup yet. Most of the time she will either push it away telling us she doesn't want it or will quickly throw it on the floor. We are trying to teach her the word "NO" and "NOT IN YOUR MOUTH" and she understands but is putting up a little fight to obey. She has learned how to disagree with us which we are working on as well. Her little temper shows up from time to time which I remember seeing when she was a newborn & we were still in the hospital. Most of the time she is a sweet little girl with a smile on her face, right now she is just testing her bountries.

No comments: