Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, May 9, 2011

2 1/2 yrs old

Saturday Emma turned 2 1/2 yrs old & it still blows my mind how fast she is growing up. Everyone continues to tell us how fast it goes & man are they right. 

Her newest accomplishment, if you can call it that, is being able to turn door knobs to open doors. Which means she is no longer confined to her room for naps or bedtime, she can open the door & come out & she does just that, a lot. This morning she walked in our room at 7:15 am saying "Mommy, I'm awake, I open my door" & I wasn't even awake yet. Its rare that she wakes up before me, I normally get up 7 - 7:30 but I guess I was extra tired. So I guess we have moved into another new phase, her comes Emma, ready or not.

Her imagination is starting to shine. She plays with her Sesame Street, Mickey Mouse or Little People toys & acts all kinds of things, even episodes of shows she has just watched. I love watching her little mind in action.

She sings & dances all the time. Her favorite songs right now, Ring Around the Rosie, B-I-B-L-E, Jesus Loves the Little Children, Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star with ABC's mixed in.

She is constantly asking, "what does that/this says" translation - what is this/that? We are not real sure why she asks it like that, but she does.


Playing with her sand table & just talking away




 Smelling a flower, although its fake to use in her sand table 


No comments: