Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, April 7, 2008

Spreading the News

Okay I know many of you have been wondering how the fertility treatments turned out & I said I would reveal the results many weeks ago, but I just couldn't. Of course that doesn't mean the news is bad because it certainly is not. Chris & I are very happy to share that we are pregnant & BB (Baby Byrd) is due Oct. 30th. I was just in so much shock & disbelief that after all this time we could actually be pregnant that it took me seeing the first ultra sound & hearing the heart beat before I could relax.

I had my 1st OB doctor's appointment last Thursday & he said everything looked fine. I go this Friday for my 2nd ultra sound & the 1st trimester screening tests. We went yesterday & bought some maternity clothes, although I know its pretty early but most of my pants are already too small. I haven't gained a lot of weight yet but I guess it has all redistributed differently, lucky me. I had a great time shopping though, although I have been told most women don't enjoy wearing maternity clothes I am really looking forward to it.

I also must admit we wanted to share this news with our grandparents before we made it public, which we did over the weekend. Of course our immediate family & close friends have known for several weeks, we couldn't keep this a total secret. So needless to say our families are very excited to have some good news to share & we look forward to creating happy memories in the future.

4 comments:

Kristi said...

Whooooo Hooooooo!!!!

Leah said...

YAY!!

Anonymous said...

So glad that all is well with you two these days! Take care and keep us posted. That baby will be here before you know it!! Congrats to you and all the family!!

Michelle said...

I found your blog through Leah and just wanted to say congratulations! My husband and I tried for 7 years to have a baby, with multiple fertility treatments. We actually ended up getting pregnant on our own, the month after the last treatment. I must say I absolutely looked forward to and loved wearing my maternity clothes!!!