Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Adoption update

If you remember we put our adoption contract on freeze last June due to me being pregnant & it was to last for 9 months. Well the 9 months runs out on March 2 & I was starting to get concerned that we wouldn't be able to divide our time, mind or hearts between adopting a baby & Emma's current health issues, so we contacted Lifetime. I wanted them to be aware of what was going on with Emma & see if they had any advice for us. So Chris called them last week & told them Emma had a heart condition that would require surgery in the next few weeks & possible more surgeries in the future. They offered us an extention to our frozen contract without question. They extended it 6 months (till Sept) & said we could extended again if need be.
I am very relieved & thankful that Lifetime is working with us. They totally agreed that we need to be focused on Emma & her health.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

When I saw the title to your post, I gasped. Refief came when I saw that you are extending the contract since Emma needs so much full time love right now. The good Lord is blessing, and will bless you as a family, I just know He will. Thanks for the update---Emma is so beautiful---know she is fun to watch every day!