Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, April 25, 2009

We Did It!!!

Last night Emma slept in her own room in her crib for the first time & she did great. I think I told you my lovely husband has been holding out on putting her in her crib. He was really afraid that something would happen to her in the middle of the night & we would never know. I finally talked him into trying it out. I only had to get up once to give her her paci & she wasn't even really crying just restless & she went right back to sleep.
I have been trying to get her to nap in her crib for several weeks now & it hasn't been very successful. When I put her down in the crib she after rocking her to sleep she usually wakes up shortly after I leave the room or she will only stay asleep for 30 minutes at a time. I have tried to get her to cry herself back to sleep & that has only worked 2 or 3 times. Right now the only way she will nap successfully is in her swing or in the car but I am going to continue trying her crib, I know she will get used to it eventually especially since she did so well last night.

1 comment:

Leah said...

Good for you! That's such a big accomplishment!