Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Highs and Lows

Lets start with the highs first. Emma is doing so well in her therapy. She is starting to crawl (a few feet at a time) and then she sits back down. The therapist is predicting that Emma will be crawling all over the place by next Monday when she goes back for her next session. She also sat up from a laying down position for the first time on Monday. I can't tell you how proud I am to see her progressing. She has sat up several times since then but I think she forgets how to do it so sometimes I help her a little as a reminder. Chris has found her sitting up in her bed twice this week already so we will probably need to lower her bed. Emma is also trying to pull up to stand but she hasn't quite figured it out yet. One other high is Emma's first tooth has broken through. Its on the bottom left & when it comes in I will try to take a picture of it.
Now for the lows, I have taken Emma to the doctor twice in the past 2 days. She has a really bad cold, low grade fever & vomitting. She didn't sleep very much at all Monday night. She coughed all night & cried. I spent most the night rocking her or holding her to comfort her to relax. When we went to the doctor yesterday Dr. F said her breathing sounded good, her ears were clear & she didn't want to do anything other than see if Emma could work through it. She did say she would have a nurse call today to check on her & if Emma wasn't better or worse she would probably need to come back in. So Emma slept maybe 3-4 hours last night with a lot of coughing & crying again. I did get a call from a nurse this morning & I told her Emma probably wasn't any worse but wasn't any better. She suggested I try a saline solution to try & break up some of the mucus & if that didn't seem to clear up Emma's breating to bring her back in to be seen. So we went back this afternoon & we saw Dr. K this time & she her a little wheezing so they did a breating treatment on Emma & sent her home with an inhaler. If Emma isn't any better in a few days I am suppose to take her back. Dr. K wants to make sure Emma's body doesn't work too hard with her heart condition. I really hope the combination of Emma's humidifer, the inhaler & using the saline solution will help bring her some relief soon. She sounds just pitiful.

2 comments:

Kristi said...

It is so hard when they are sick and that little. I admit, I breathe a sigh of relief that mine aren't that small anymore... (when they get sick. Otherwise, I pine for them to be little...) Hope that she and you can get some rest. I used baby Vicks on my kid's feet and that helped their cough. Kate will cough to the point that she vomits. No fun.

angie said...

Yes Emma has thrown up many times & I have gotten real good at catching it in a burp cloth + keep it off of both of us most of the time.