Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Teething & Standing

As many may know, Emma is cutting her first tooth at which she is not very happy about. The poor baby has been pretty fussing & is refusing to eat solids but really enjoying her bottles. She does eat Gerber puffs & yogurt melts, but no baby food of any kind. I called the doctor yesterday to ask a nurse about her not eating for a week + & she said not to worry, that she would eat eventually. As long as Emma continues to take her bottles she is getting enough nutrients.
Emma did really well in therapy on Monday. Emma actually pulled to the standing position all by herself Monday morning before we left & I was so proud of her. She only stood for a minute or two & I wish I could have seen her do it but I only saw the end result. Leslie says her stomach muscles are getting much stronger & Emma was even sitting up from laying down on her back, which she has never done before. I was really not in favor of her going to therapy but it has really helped Emma a lot. The idea of therapy made me feel as if I had done something wrong as a mom, but it is mainly because of her first surgery, low weight & low muscle tone that caused her delay.

1 comment:

Kristi said...

It's hard to take any criticism (even if it's not) concerning your parenting skills. You just try so hard to do everything right! I'm glad that she is doing better, and will continue to do so. She is just a beautiful little girl!