Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, December 18, 2010

Our 1st Gingerbread House

I call it "our" 1st because we all took part in it. It was too hard on my hands to do the icing so Chris did that part & Emma & I added all the candy. She had a great time & even wanted to do another one. Our kit even included a santa & christmas tree to decorate which are both very sad looking, but we enjoyed the whole experience. We didn't even eat very much of the candy. It was a great day for an indoor project since its cold, rainy, snowy mix outside today.

She actually got one for Christmas last year from the Summerville CofC while she was in the hospital in Charleston but she was too young to do it then so I just saved it. Funny thing is, when I opened it, it was a completed house, not a kit. So since I had already told her we were going to make a gingerbread house, we had to get in the car to go get the one I just saw on sale at Target. Silly me, I thought I wouldn't have to go shopping this weekend, but it wasn't bad at all.

Oops I uploaded my pics backwards again, so sorry. Enjoy.

We finished, for real this time.

This is suppose to be a santa but he looks like he is melting.

A closeup on our sad tree.

She decided it needed a little more icing.

The finished product, not too bad for our 1st time + a 2 yr helped.

Adding on last piece

Taking a quick taste

Thinking real hard where to add the next gumdrop

Intently watching her Daddy add icing details.

She just stuck her finger in the icing & isn't very happy about it.

The completed house Emma got last year & no we don't plan on eating this one.

No comments: