Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Remembering

It was 2 years ago tonight that Daddy passed from this earth & went to a better place & so much has happened. I sometimes find myself talking to him & wishing he was here to at least meet Emma & Morgan but then I have to remind myself the state he was in the last six months to a year he was with us. I am so glad I shared with him one of the first ultra sounds from Reach we had of Emma when I was 7-9 weeks pregnant. It was soon after that he passed away. It was almost as if he was waiting or God kept him with us long enough so he would know one of my biggest dreams had come true.
One of the things I remembering him always telling us was that your family is always here, no matter what & he is/was so right. Not that we were not a close family before he passed but we have become even more close since & maybe that was the good that came from him passing. We learned, mourned & cried a lot those nearly 10 years Daddy was sick & we are a stronger family because of it.
I miss you Daddy & I can't wait to see you again one day.

2 comments:

Kristi said...

Such a thoughtful post!

angie said...

Thanks! It was very hard to write & there were many tears but Daddy has been on my mind a lot, I just had to get some of it out.