Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Emma Randomness

Things have finally gotten back to normal in our house with the holidays over & Chris back at work from his vacation home with us. Emma plays with her kitchen & Mickey characters everyday. I have even heard her acting out Mickey Mouse Clubhouse with her characters & it just makes me smile to hear her using her imagination.

I thought we had kicked the non-sleeping habit but at nap time yesterday, there was no nap. Now she doesn't cry out or scream to get out of her bed, she just lays there & plays or sings. Most of the time we end up taking away her toys, which usually works but this time she just laid there & every time I thought she was out she would start talking again.

So during supper last night I noticed her starting to nod off & sure enough when I turned my back, she was out. I wasn't sure what to do, she has never done this before. It was only 5:45 pm & she was asleep. The first thing I did was take pictures of course & then I cleaned her up (which woke her up) & she was not happy, then she got in the bathtub. She played for 30 minutes until her bath water was cold, lips purple & shivering. As soon as I put her jammas on & carried her downstairs she was asking for some milk, pacie & to go night-night. She kept asking to "go night-night" & we had her in bed before 7:45pm, not sure if that has ever happened.

In other Emma news, she is cracking us up with all her new phrases. She adds, "probably" to everything she says. "Probably need to go night-night." Probably read a book... Get the idea. She has also started saying "let me see" & "hmmm" when she is pondering something, "Emma do it by myself" (I have been waiting for that one). She sings all the time, especially "B-I-B-L-E", Jesus Loves Me & ABC's. She even mixes them all together into one song. She can count to 10, knows her ABC's, knows her colors & shapes now we just need to work on recognizing her letters & numbers.

She doesn't really have any new foods she likes but unfortunately I think she may be dropping some. She doesn't seem as crazy about broccoli, green beans or peas anymore. She does really like pizza & pasta now. Hotdogs are still her number one fav & the gogurt (yogurt sticks) thanks to aunt Karen. Now Emma can eat yogurt without making a huge mess, especially if you freeze them. She still doesn't use her fork or spoon well at all & mostly eats with her hands.

All in all she is still one of the sweetest things ever, even when she is sleepless. She still will not whisper in church, says "Peez" instead of yes & calls her cousin Morgan, "MaaMaa", although she can say stethoscope, go figure.

Riding in my new car I got from Nana for Christmas.

"Emma did it by myself"
This is the first time she has climbed into the recliner & made it up.

Trying it again

Almost there

Asleep in her highchair last night at supper (no nap = tired Emma)

No comments: