Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, March 27, 2008

Back to work

Yesterday was my first day back to work since Daddy's passing & it wasn't has hard as I thought it might be. I got a little weepy on the way to work but once I got in the office & started working I was fine. We are in the midst of deadline & swamped with work. The magazine is due at our corp office on Tuesday (April 8th) & we are hoping to send it out Friday night. I found out when I came back that Ty Pennington is going to in Hickory, NC Monday, April 7th at Market & we are going. How fun is that??? Chris of course thinks we all have our priorities out of order but when else will I get to see Ty, come on now. I can't wait, we will have a great time.

I also had another surprise when I walked in my office, I have a desk now. For those who don't know, which is many, I moved out of a cube about 2 months ago & into an old conference room but I didn't have a desk. My new office is also used as our soft proofing room when proofs come in from our corp office & the printer, so it also has a large conference room table sitting behind me (its a pretty big room). We created a make shift desk with folding table & a cradensa for storage on the opposite side of the room. When I came in yesterday, Vicki, a co-worker & friend brought me a desk she had at her house from our old office. Thanks Vicki, I love it.

2 comments:

Kristi said...

Congrats on the desk! What a nice thing to come back to. I am like you, it seems much easier at work because my mind is busy. Hopefully the transition will be easier!

angie said...

To be honest it just feels odd that Daddy is gone. Our lives revolved around him & his care for so long & now it doesn't. We all feel so much relief & peace now.