Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, March 9, 2008

Nearing the End

I know this may sound like a pretty grim title to this blog, but is how we feel right now. Daddy has really taken a turn for the worst & he is nearing the end of his journey. This morning was the first time I have seen him in about 2 weeks & he looked really bad. As a family, we talked about him one night this past week & my siblings & Mama kept saying how bad he was but I was totally unaware. I knew he had quit eating, but I was totally surprised to hear the rest. His lack of eating has caused him to loose a lot of weight, he isn't talking & is sleeping all the time. He did open his eyes a little this morning for me to talk to him & to read him some cards he got in the mail.


I only share this with you to ask that you continue to keep our family in your prayers as we deal with what lies ahead. We have been preparing but its still hard & will continue to be hard. Watching a loved one pass away is never an easy task, but we hold comfort in knowing he is not in pain & he will unite in heaven with loved ones who have passed before him.

2 comments:

Kristi said...

We have been thinking about you guys. Tell your family we are praying for them, too! Keep us posted...

Leah said...

Angie, I talked to Kristi this morning, I am so sorry about your dad. I'll be thinking about you and praying for you.