Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, November 15, 2008

Emma Grace's Arrival

As most of you may know Emma's arrival started with an induction on Nov 6 & we arrived at the hospital a little before 6pm. My doctor came in my room & started the process before 6:30pm. Then Friday morning 6-7am they started the Potosin. I got my epidural about mid morning once the contractions picked up & by 1pm it was time to push. One of my favorite doctors was on call Friday & I was thrilled to know she would be delivering Emma. Dr. Schneider & her (Dr. Clarke) both agreed that they would need to watch Emma's heartrate closely & if it started to drop they wouldn't hesitate to do a C-section. Well that is exactly what happened when I started pushing, so I only pushed for about an hour when the decision was made for me to have a C-section.
They prepped me & we were off to the OR & Emma was here by 2:50pm. As they were accessing Emma, I started to feel a little weird & it seems that my blood pressure had dropped. They ended up keeping me in recovery for 2.5 hours to watch me instead of the normal 1 hour, so we headed to a room by 6pm.
Once in our room the Pediatrician & Pediatric Cardiologist came to visit it. It seems that Emma does definitely have a minor heart defect (a whole in her heart) but it is a very common defect & will be watched very cafefully. The Pediatrician told us that during her accessment of Emma she discovered that her thumb on her left had has 3 joints instead of 2. We are planning a followup with a Peds Ortho team within the next weeks to discuss what can or needs to be done about her thumb, which right now isn't a big deal either. Emma is using both her hands as normal.
Everything is going well with the new addition to the family. We adore her & can't get enough of her.
This is my mother (Nana) on the left feeding Morgan (8 weeks old) & my grandmother (Gram) or Emma's great grandmother. Emma is Gram's 15th great grand child.

Nana & Emma.

Chris' mom (Grammy) & Emma.

Me & Emma. I really didn't want to be in the picture but thankfully you can't see very much of me.

This is one of our favorites from the hospital. Isn't she beautiful!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

SHE IS GORGEOUS!!!!! Thanks for posting some pics for us!! Hope you all are doing well and please keep us updated! The pic of you and Emma is my favorite!

Anonymous said...

Hello..im Soes from indonesia.
yes..She was born to loved
touching life story

Kristi said...

I have to say, when I saw her picture on the e-mail it took my breath away. That was the most beautiful picture! Way prettier than any pic I got of Kate! HA! Hope you are getting some rest - you have updated your blog - that is a start!

Leah said...

She is beautiful!!! I hope things are going well for all of you!