Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, November 22, 2008

Life with baby Byrd

Life is definitely much different since Emma has joined ours. It has been very hard but also very rewarding at the same time. Every time I sit & hold her it just brings tears to my eyes that she is finally here & we get to keep her. She is so precious.

I must admit that I decided to abandon breastfeeding, but I am very glad I did. I know some women really enjoy it & think it is very rewarding, but I didn't feel that way at all. I was only trying it because I knew I should & because I wanted to. Life is our house if much better since I made decision & Chris is totally fine with it too. He wants me to be happy & as stress free as possible.

This past week was full of doctor appointments for Emma & myself. We called the Pediatrician on Monday morning because Emma had yellowish/green discharge coming from one of her eyes that looked like snot. They said they wanted us to bring her in. It turns out she has an obstructed tear duct, which is very common in newborns. Since their tear ducts are so little & they don't really have tears yet it is very easy for them to get blocked. The doctor sent us home with some eye ointment which she will use until tomorrow. Then on Tuesday I had a blood pressure check at my OB office & it was good but they still want to keep me on my meds until my 6 weeks post partum appointment. Then on Thursday Emma saw a Pediatric Orthopedist & he has referred us to hand surgeon who specializes in children hand surgery. We will see the surgeon in 6 months & she may have surgery as early has next November around her first birthday to correct her 3 jointed thumb.

I am still recovering from my C-section & feeling a little better everyday. Yesterday was the first time I went out without having to go to a doctor appointment. I went to lunch with my sister's & baby neice Morgan. Of course my sister's had to help me since I am not suppose to lift anything heavier than 10 lbs for 4 more weeks, so they had to carry Emma in & out of the restaurant in her carseat. We had a great time, but I was very sore & wiped out when we got home. Emma & I both took naps.

Here are some pictures we have taken since we have been home.

Emma's first sponge bath.

Cousin Kaylee with Emma.

Cousin Caroline with Emma.

Sweet baby Emma.

3 comments:

Kristi said...

I know that you will do what is best for you and for Emma! If you get more rest and don't breastfeed, then that makes you happier, then that will make her happier! I hope you didn't think I was pushing, but I just wanted to know that I was a cheerleader all the way in Alabama! She's absolutely beautiful and I'm so glad you are joining the land of the living again!

Anonymous said...

Angie, what a beautiful baby girl!!! She is just adorable! And I also want to say how pretty your neices are!!! Don't you worry about the BF thing! She will be just fine! Glad you 'sound' so good and that things are settling in. We love the updates and pics, so blog when you can! We have you all in our prayers. God has blessed you all indeed!!! She is beautiful!

Erica said...

Rewarding? Not my words! At least until it was over!

It's a proven fact, happy momma=happy baby and that's the important part.