Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, November 14, 2009

Dying Vue

My 2003 Saturn Vue seems to be on its last leg. We were really hoping it would last at least 2 more years until Chris' truck was paid off, but no such luck. It has been acting up for several months but yesterday & today it got much worse. I asked Chris to drive it this morning & he ended up taking it straight to Saturn for an estimate. Chris was thinking it was the transmission & he was right. They quoted him $5200+ to fix it which it probably isn't even worth that much & there are other things wrong with it too. I am missing a hubcap (we have been calling it the loser mobile) & today the automatic door locks stay locked even when you turn the car off & its in park (not sure what that is all about).

So now our dilemma is do we get it fixed, buy a new car or a fairly new used car. We are not real sure if we can even afford two car payments with me working & I really don't want to go back to work just to get a car. So Chris is going to drive it until it completely dies & I will be driving his truck. Then once my Vue dies I will probably drive Mama's truck until we get something else. We told Emma she may need to stand on the street corners asking for money since she would most likely get more since she is so cute or she needs to get a job as a baby model to buy Mama a new car.

Now I guess its time to start looking at what is out there & Chris definitely doesn't want another GM vehicle. The main reason we bought my Vue was the 0% financing which saved us a ton of money & hopefully we will be able to find that again since the economy is still in bad shape.

No comments: