Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, November 9, 2009

Favorite Things

As you may have noticed I added a listing of Emma's Favorite Things to the side of my blog over the weekend & now I would like to share a little about her favs.

She has always enjoyed books & that has seemed to increase since we have come back from Charleston. Just about the only thing she wants to do right now is sit with us & read books. We are so tired of reading her those books & I can't wait to give her the new ones I found for her birthday at her party on Saturday. I even found a few more today but I may hold them to Christmas. I love buying books for her & especially when I find them at bargin prices. I sure hope she continues her love for books because her Mama doesn't read very much at all, I just can't stay focused on it long enough.

Her other favs are Elmo & Big Bird & you would think it came from watching Sesame Street on TV but you would be mistaken. I found a book for the summer "Nighty Night" that has some of the Sesame Street characters in it & she would squeal & giggle when we got to the pages with Elmo & Big Bird. Now anytime she sees them she has the same reaction & we do watch them on TV now on occassion.

Now her Glow Seahorse she has had since she was 6 weeks old & she can't sleep without it. She stares at the glowing belly holding on to her fins & falls asleep, its quite precious. I will have to share a picture of it sometime.

She has learned about beads in therapy & Leslie uses them to encourage her, which works most of the time. So before we headed to Charleston I knew we had to get her some to play with while she was stuck in her bead. Thankfully it was a big hit & still is. Now of course this is a toy she can only have with supervision so she doesn't put them around her neck & quite frankly she doesn't even know that is what you are suppose to do with them. She just shakes them & pulls them out of her pumpkin & puts them back in, over & over.

No comments: