Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, June 2, 2008

Apple Died

Yea, my computer died over the weekend & boy was I upset. For those who may not know, I am now working on the church's weekly bulletin & the monthly calendar, that is when I discovered it died. I went to make a correction on the bulletin Sat. morning before we went to the church building to print it out & it would not boot up. It kept printing a lot of garbage on the screen or telling me I needed to restart my computer. I attempted to boot it off the system cd, but that didn't work. So this was the point I started to get upset. Our Lifetime profile is on my computer, any freelance jobs I have worked on & all the church info too. I certainly didn't want to start from scratch. I am sure you are thinking, didn't you have a back-up of your work Angie - no I did not- shame on me.

I contacted a friend of mine I used to work with, Wes, & told him what was happening, begging him to help me. He thinks its only a motherboard or ram issue which he says is no big deal to fix. YEAH!!! I was afraid it was all lost. Now all I have to do is open the computer up & tell him how much ram I have + what type of motherboard is in the CPU & he will help me fix it. I am so glad he will be able to fix it. Buying me a new Macintosh is just not in our budget right now + I didn't want to take it to the Apple Store where they would over change me to fix it. So in the meantime I will be using Chris' IBM laptop or a loaner MAC.

2 comments:

Kristi said...

Is my blog makeover lost?

angie said...

I don't think so, but I will find out for sure in a couple days. My friend is coming by the office today pick up my Mac for repairs. He thinks its just the motherboard which shouldn't effect any of the files.