Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

We finally bought one

No its not a crib or any type of baby items, it a new vacuum. We have been discussing it for some time & finally made the plung last night. Ours had lost a lot of suction power & was stinky, so we went shopping Saturday night. Chris has been researching them, so like him, & has been wanting an Oreck. I was totally against it due to the large price tag they have, but they do have a great reputation. So we went to their store to try them out & I was surprised how much I liked it. Now to be fair we also went to Sears to try out some Dyson's, which is what I wanted, but I really didn't like them. Everything was really heavy in comparison to the Oreck, it only weighs 9 lbs. Most of the others were 20-30 lbs & I hate dragging those heavy things up the stairs.

So to make a long story a little shorter we got the Oreck, which also came with a free cordless iron, a free small canister vac with attachments (great for stairs, furniture & even your car) + they give you a credit for your current vac. Needless to say, Chris sat in the floor last night playing with all the new vacs & did some test runs on the living room downstairs & the stairs.
Also the vac we got is self-perpelled, I love that feature. Vacuuming has always killed my back, so it became one of the chores Chris would do for me. So hopefully our floors will now be much cleaner & the house will smell fresher.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We have had an Oreck for about four years now and I really like it. I love that it is soooo light and it does a good vacuuming job. We also received the small canister vacuum as an extra and I LOVE it!!! Use it all the time!! Hope you like yours as well!!!