Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, June 2, 2008

Frozen

As of Saturday, May 31st, our adoption account has been frozen. Lifetime offers this to their clients if they become pregnant or have a tragedy in their family, other than a death. They allow you to freeze your account for up to 9 months & they suggested we go ahead & freeze now. In their experiences, birth mothers don't pick couples who are expecting & we are going to have to freeze our account anyway at the end of August due to me not being able to travel 8 weeks prior to my due date (OB's orders), so we went ahead & did it now. It kind of saves us a little money too because Lifetime was almost out of profiles & our coordinator wanted us to send her more by May 31st. Now with our account being frozen that isn't necessary since birth mothers do not view clients whose accounts are frozen. We will have to update our profile once the baby is born & also update our homestudy. There is also a fee to unfreeze your account, which I am not real crazy about but at least we don't loss all these months waiting for a match when it likely will not happen, according to Lifetime. If you remember, when we signed our contract with Lifetime it was only for 2 years, so freezing it for up to 9 months only plays in our favor so we don't loss time + money.

2 comments:

Kristi said...

Yikes! Well, I guess that makes sense... But, more money... Anyway, how are you feeling?

angie said...

I am feeling pretty good & I am almost completely in maternity clothes. I love having a little prego belly. Chris calls me "Leggo my Prego."