Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Birthing Class Part 2

Last night was our 2nd birthing class & it seems to go much better than the first one. Our instructor wasn't as anti-meds as she was last week but she still had some choice comments. One of our favorites, which I may have mentioned last week, "water is just as effective as narcotics." Who is she kidding? She did ask us who all was planning on a natural birth & only 1 lady raised her hand & another one said she hasn't decided yet, so she has her work cut out for her if she thinks she will be changing the minds of the rest of us.

We discussed "active labor" & what to expect, watched another birth video, learned some breathing techniques & my favorite part, our partners learned some massage skills to help mom relax. I love massages as I am sure most women do & I will take them anytime I can get them.

Oh there was this one woman in our class last night who is 34-35 weeks along & she started having contractions during our 15 minute break. We were a little concerned that we might have to take her down the hall & possibly have her admitted. Luckily her contractions & cramps stopped but I was a little concerned for her. Her husband wasn't with her & she had to drive home in the rain alone. I would have been a bit scared if I was her. We did walk out to the parking deck with her & she seemed fine so we went on our way.

No comments: