Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, August 11, 2008

Combined Shower!!!

My weekend started off with a prenatal massage at Massage Envy which was awesome & very reasonably priced. I definitely plan on returning for at least one more massage before Emma makes her arrival, if not more. I suggest all pregnant women try this if they are having back aches, it was wonderful.

Then it was time to head home to get ready for the combined shower with my sister Beverly. For those who don't know, she is expecting her first baby too, Sept 18, Morgan Riley, so we decided to have a combined shower. It was hosted by our oldest sister, Karen & cousin, Trisha at Mama's house. As you can imagine our family is completely thrilled to have to little ones coming into the family, especially after all the sadness we have had to deal with Daddy passing recently & being sick for many years. We are ready to celebrate life & that is exactly what we did Saturday afternoon with our family & friends.


This is a copy of the invitations that were sent out which our nieces Kaylee, 12 & Caroline, 10 typeset on the computer & printed out. I had talked to Karen about me possibly creating them myself so I found some wording online & that is the text the girls used for these invitations. They did a great job, thanks girls.

This was our beautiful cake, isn't pretty. My colors are pink/brown & Beverly chose green so Karen ordered a cake that combined all 3 & it looked great. It even has tiny booties on the plate at the bottom of the cake.

This is my sister Beverly before the festivities started lounging in her chair. Unfortunately I never had a picture taken of the two of us together, but hopefully I will remember to do that soon.

This is my lovely husband, Chris looking at one of our favorite gifts. Its a little shirt that says "Sell High, Buy Low, Hold Me" & there is also a small pink baseball cap that reads, "CEO = Chief Executive Offspring." which we received from our friends Julie & Jim. Julie is ironically pregnant too & due mid Novemeber with their first, a girl.

Not pictured, but another one of our favorite gifts was a hand crocheted blanket by a dear family friend Betty Watts. I did not even know she still made them & its beautiful. Ours is pink & Beverly got one as well which is white. I will picture it later with all our gifts.

This of course is me opening a gift from my cousins Nancy & Trisha + their hubby's. Not the best picture of my prego belly, it looks more like a gut doesn't it but at least I am smiling. Most of the pictures taken of me I have funny looks on my face which I really didn't want to share.

This is 2 of my youngest cousins, Alex, 13 months, is in the blue to my left along with a family friend Janet & I am holding little Gabriel Matthew (Gabe) who is the newest additional at almost 2 months. Trisha is to my right which is Alex's mom. Get ready boys Morgan & Emma will be here soon to add to the cousin pool.

Oh I almost forgot to mention our other lovely gifts we received. My family got us the travel system (stroller, car seat & base) we registered for which I will have to post later after we take it out of the box. We also got a lot of clothes, blankets, socks, a bath tub seat, changing table pad, diaper bag & even tinie tiny pink sunglasses.

I have to thank my oldest niece Kaylee who took these pictures + 250 more, really. We only took 2-3 & she took the rest. Yes I know we will need to change that once Emma comes but we just are not good about taking pictures of events much less remembering to bring our camera.

No comments: