Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Cleaning & Classes

I finally finished cleaning out Emma's closet so it can now be used for her. We hung up some of her clothes, hung her name above her crib & started organizing her room. It looks so much better. It still seems so unreal that we are going to have a baby.

Last night we attended our first birthing class at the hospital. I must say I may have a problem with this class or at least our instructor. She is a certified Dula & is very anti-meds & pro alternative birth methods. Personally I think they should have someone who is impartial, but that is just my opinion. She was very put out to hear that many of us were already planning on having an epidural + she is hoping she will be able to change our minds. I am pretty sure there will be no way she will be changing my mind about using an epi. Another odd thing about our class is, there were 9 other couples there & all but 1 are having girls. Can you believe that?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those epidurals are GREAT!!!!! It just takes away so much of the pain and yet you are aware of all around you---what could be better? Extra pain has never been a good thing for me!! :) Just so excited about little Emma getting here as I know you and your family are. Glad you seem to be doing well and remember---get as much sleep as you can now---cause you won't get much that first month after she gets here! But she will be all worth it!!!

Erica said...

They are never impartial! Coming from the girl who didn't want the epi (really- a needle in my spine?!) but got one when complications hit-it was okay until they dosed me up. I would rather feel everything than feel nothing I think. That was weird!