Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, August 22, 2008

Picture Time

Here are a couple pictures from our shower 2 weeks ago that I have been meaning to upload. Better late than never I assume. I hope to post additional pictures over the weekend of the shower the ladies from Kannapolis CofC are hosting. I am really looking forward to it.

This was one of our favorite gifts from some friends of our Jim & Julie who are also expecting their first baby, a girl, in mid November. If you can't read it, the hat says CEO (Chief Executive Offspring) and the shirt says "Buy Low, Sell High, Hold Me". They also gave us an infant bathtub, photo album & a decorative pillow.

Don't you just love this blanket? A dear family friend, Betty Watts made this crochet blanket & I can't wait to use it. My oldest sister mentioned after the shower how great it was to receive such a gift especially since crocheting is becoming a lost art. There us isn't very many people making beautiful crocheted items like they used to. Thanks Betty, we will treasure this always.

This is a piece of pottery I made for my sister's baby, Morgan. She was totally unaware that it was even in the making. I must say I am not totally thrilled with it but she really liked it. We had a team building day at work & we decided to go make pottery & this is one of the pieces I made. Now we didn't sit at a pottery wheel & make it from scratch but I did pick out the piece & decorate it myself.

This is the piece of pottery I made for little Emma. Looking back I wish I had made the same thing for Morgan but I can always go back & make another one. Right now this is sitting in her room on her tall dresser, its one of the few decorative pieces in her room. We still have some finishing touches left to do to her room but for the most part its done. We need a mattress, window treatment, pictures for the walls (currently being framed) & a lamp.

1 comment:

Kristi said...

Love both the plates. I just adore our croched blankets for our kids!