Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, August 24, 2008

Church Shower

Yesterday was a really good day, we had another shower hosted by the church. This is a copy of the invitations that Janet made & sent out. Janet took a picture of the cake & refreshment table before I arrived & I don't have that picture yet, so I may share it later. It was at Betsy's house & the other 2 hostesses were Janet (a dear friend of the family) & Pam (the minister's wife). We had a great time & received a lot of nice things. Thanks ladies for the wonderful shower.


Emma got another hand crocheted pink blanket made by Connie Rowden. I had no idea she even made blankets & its is very pretty. We also got our high chair, a lot of long sleeved clothes, a small diaper bag & a very pretty large pink one filled with diapers from Denise. I think we will probably use the large pink one as luggage to travel to/from the beach.


This is just a random picture of me opening some books we got from Betty. Note Karen peeking around the lamp in the picture. She was telling me that she got "The Velveteen Rabbit" from Betty too when Kaylee (my oldest niece) was born. Also note my belly in this picture, it almost resembles a pregnant belly. The ladies at the shower told me when I came in that didn't look that pregnant but this shirt I have on is pretty big & just hangs off my shoulders but I really like it.

We also made a trip to Babies R Us last night to use our gift certificates & coupons which were about to expire to get our Pack n Play. It only cost us $40 after the GC's & the coupon, YEA!!! We plan on going back later this week to use another coupon & gift card we received at the shower to use for Emma's mattress. Oddly enough I don't think we are going to have to return any of the items we have received. We have not gotten in duplicates but I wide variety of things. We are so grateful to everyone.

2 comments:

Kristi said...

You look so good! And, I LOVE the invitations...

The Hester Family said...

How fun to watch all your baby happenings! We are so happy for your family and can't wait to see Miss Emma!