Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, January 17, 2008

Babies everywhere...

I forgot to tell you what Dr. Crain at REACH had to say about my biopsy. The test results didn't come back exactly as he had hoped but they weren't bad either. A good result is >20% of marginal progesterone in the uterine lining & mine was 30%. Which you would think would be good, but no. So he told us we could go ahead & proceed as normal with the IVF cycle or seek treat to try to get the best possible stats for my uterine lining.

Well the treatment, if we choose to except it, would be a DNC (I know yuck), 2 months for Lupron Depot (which is not the same Lupron I am taking now), antibiotics, pred, progesterone shots & then another biopsy. He also told us we don't have to do the treatment at all, he felt completely comfortable with my chances of getting pregnant without the treatment but of course it was completely up to us. Well I am not dummy, we choose to go ahead with the IVF cycle as planned. We can always do treatment later if this first cycle doesn't work.

So I spoke to my IVF nurse this morning & he gave me my orders to continue taking my Lupron shots each night & to report to the office first thing Monday morning for labs & an ultrasound. He also said I will most likely start my estrogen patchs Monday afternoon. Now this means that we should be on schedule to have the transfer the second week in Feb, wow that is not far away at all. I am getting so excited. I could know a month from now that I am pregnant - yeah. Lets all start saying our prayers early.

Then I got an email from Lifetime yesterday afternoon for an urgent birthmother need. There is a birthmother in Nevada, I think, that is due in Feb with a caucasion boy. The material grandfather was diagnosed with FSP muscular distrophy which is commonly passed down to boy babies. It also said that the baby appeared to be growing as normal in uterio at the most recent ultrasound. Well this made us all a little nervous, especially since none of us had ever heard of this type of MD. So we started looking it up online & found that this type of MD doesn't even show up until the child is a teen or young adult. 50% of those who have the disease are able to walk & most live a normal live span. Well we didn't like our odds & the fact that you would always be worried if our child would end up getting sick later in life. I went ahead & emailed our coordinator back & declined our profile to be shown to this birthmother - it is just too risky.

Now can you believe that all of this happened in one day, on top of everything already going on with Daddy being in the hospital & me being sick. Talk about stress, it is a wonder we are all still walking around today. We need some rest. Luckily it snowed over night & Chris got to sleep in a little & we didn't head out to see Daddy today until 11:30 so we all had some needed rest. We should all caught up on our sleep over the weekend.

2 comments:

Kristi said...

Yes, I hope you got some good sleep last night and tonight! We had a great day at work... busy enough but not overwhelming. I was just listening to the TV that I am not watching, and it is a show about people who love ferrets. Ferrets are really cute and funny, but also stink and I can't imagine what their houses smell like! And, this lady was singing a ferret love song to her ferret! Cooky...

angie said...

I did get some sleep the past 2 nights but I really need some more. My pred is really wearing me out. I run 90 to nothing & then I crash. Like right now I am really tired but I just took my breakfast dose & I am sure by lunch I will be running crazy. Have a great Friday.