Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, January 21, 2008

Where's the snow???

I am not sure how all of you feel, but I was a little disappointed that we didn't get very much snow. The snow was really pretty while it was falling, but no accummulation - Boo!!! I know all the kids in the area were disappointed too. I had already planned on staying in all weekend & cleaning the house from top to bottom. It really needed it, but I ended up not doing it. I did wash a lot of clothes & straighten up some but Chris is off today & said he would clean the house. What a great husband I have, I am so grateful.

Yesterday I went with my oldest sister Karen & Mama to visit my 90 year old grandmother, Gram. It was great to see her. She only lives in Charlotte which is about 30 minutes from our house, but since we changed churches a couple years ago we don't see her as often now (my sibling & I, Mama still goes to church with Gram on Sunday mornings). We had a great time with her.

We also went to go visit Daddy at the nursing home before we went to church last night & I wasn't really happy with our visit. He looked & acted a lot more alert last week. Of course Mama, did remind me that it was late in the day & I was used to seeing him earlier in the day. He didn't really seem to know who Karen, Chris or I was, which was a little distrubing, but he knew who Mama was. Unfortunately this will probably continue, but I am just not ready to deal with it yet. He did so good last week & talked to us, but not yesterday. His eyes were almost translucent & he was looking right through us, it was just weird. Mama kept asking him if he knew who we were & he didn't respond at all. She said after we left he ate dinner & she quizzed him again to see if he knew who had been there & he still didn't answer her, so who knows. Daddy did have a lot of visitors on Saturday morning, some good friends of the family came up from Ocean Isle Beach to see him & he knew who they were & talked to them, but that was gone by yesterday. We even asked him about his visit with them & still no response. Maybe it was just a bad day for him, who knows.

No comments: