Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, January 19, 2008

Returning to life as we know it - or something close to it

My sibling & I, even my mom all went back to work on Friday & it actually felt really good. It was a little hard to get out of the bed & go into work but it was worth it. I wasn't sure I would make it through the day still being sick & taking all my meds, but I did. Speaking of my meds, I think they might be making me sicker. They are tearing my stomach up, but I am going to try & tolerate it so I can get better. I really don't like the idea of switching antibiotics & starting over. The pred is making me really wired too, I am getting on my own nerves so I am sure everyone around me is ready for me to come off of them. Luckily I only have 3 more days of pred, including today - YEAH!!!

Daddy is doing a lot better, much to our surprise. We really didn't think we would be where we are today, but he & God have surprised us once again. He is a very strong man. Mama said that yesterday they CNA at Universal said he feed himself, which is great. He hasn't eaten since last weekend & all he had been on was IV fluids. Bless his heart, I know he must have been hungry. They also moved him off puree foods & up to mechanical soft which is really tiny bites of food but he didn't care at all.

I talked to Mama today & she said his personality is back too, which we haven't seen in months. She went to see him this morning & told him she was glad to see him & that he looked good. He responded to her, "No, you look good!" Daddy has always been a big flirt when it came to Mama, he would give her compliments all day long if she would allow it. I am not real sure if he knows who we are though, he looks at us with a blank stare & doesn't really respond but Mama says he gives her that look too. At least he calls her by name. We don't think he knows what happened either, which is fine with us. I am not real sure how much he would comprehend or absorb anyway. Thanks for all the prayers, thoughts & kind words on his behalf I can't tell you how much we appreciate it.

No comments: