Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, January 10, 2008

Hormones rising

Last night I had my first injection of hormones (Lupron) for the upcoming IVF transfer. My mom actual did the shot, but Chris has done them in the past. She is an RN so Chris would rather she do it since it requires drawing meds out of a vile into the needle. All the previous shots Chris has given me were pre-filled needles or a dial up pen - both fail proof.

So far I can't tell any difference & lets up it stays that way. It did leave a mark on my belly but no bursing, which is what I am used to. I still have knots on my hips from the Progesterone & oil injections my mom had to give me during the holidays for 10 days. Unfortunately I will have to do those again. They are pretty painful (mostly afterwards), but it needs to be done & Mama is pretty good at it.

2 comments:

Kristi said...

Sounds like you are feeling better. I'm sure those progesterone shots really bite.

angie said...

Actually I am contemplating going back to the doctor today. I just don't feel as good as I think I should. I am afraid it may be turning into broncitis. I am at work again today & hopefully I will make it all day long.