Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Week 39

There is little progress this week but we do have some. I am dilated 1 fingertip (not quite a cm) & 50% efaced. I was definitely hoping for more & as soon as the doctor left the exam room I broke into tears. He is aware that I am very unhappy still being pregnant & he again told me I could go at anytime. I have tried to be as active as possible to try & move Miss Emma along & maybe that has sparked the little progress I have experienced so far, who knows.

Dr Schneider did tell me he wants to do an ultra sound next week to check the fluid & a non-stress test to make sure Emma & I can handle going past my due date. He said it is always possible that he could just send me across the street to the hospital after he sees the test results & examines me, so we will have to wait & see. He is such a great doctor & always thinking positively to keep my spirits up but this morning it just didn't help. After I got in the car I cried for another 10-15 with Chris sitting beside me trying to console me, but there just isn't any words he can say to help. I just don't want to be a pregnant woman anymore, I want to be a Mom.

Chris did tell me one thing that made me feel a little better. He said maybe Emma is waiting on me to be home before she makes her arrival. Chris is going to be working from home starting next week until she comes & maybe he is right. She is definitely trying to teach me patience & I thought I was a fairly patient person but I guess I have waited so long for this that its driving me crazy.

3 comments:

Erica said...

Oh, Angie. It just means you're getting close. Put up your feet. Or go to the movies, or out to lunch by yourself (or with a friend- I'd bring you lunch, but it's a long drive.)

Kristi said...

I agree with Erica! You've come so far - and this part is the hardest. Try doing something (is there anything?) to get your mind in a better place... Think of the bright side - you are 39 weeks pregnant and you would have killed to be here 2 years ago!!!

Kristi said...

That makes me so sad, "I don't want to be pregnant anymore. I just want to be a Mom"...