Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, October 10, 2008

A Small Scare

This morning I got a bit worried that I wasn't feeling any movement from little Emma so I gave Chris a call at work. It was 10am & I had already had breakfast + 2 glasses of OJ which normally wakes her up but not a peep out of her. So I call the doctor's office & left a message for the OB nurse (they have to call you back). Then Chris called my oldest sister Karen & she came over to take me to the doctor. We waited 45 minutes & finally the nurse called back & offered to let me come in so they could check for a fetal heartrate after she heard I had already drank OJ but Emma didn't respond. We got to the dr's office & Chris was waiting for me & about to go crazy. The nurse took us back & at first her heartrate was 120, which was lower than yesterday & Dr. Clarke didn't like it in the 120's, so the nurse checked it again. The second time it was 128 & I was starting to feel her move a little. Then she checked it one more time & it was up to 156 which was great. Chris & I both teared up when we heard her strong heartbeat.

We told the nurse we were in the office yesterday & Dr. Clarke put me on a preeclampsia watch & that was why we were concerned that she wasn't moving (it was one of the things the doctor told me to look out for). So the nurse checked my blood pressure too & it was much better today 120/78 which is normal for me. It was a very emotional morning but we are so glad everything turned out okay. Chris said Emma is grounded when she is born for scaring him to death.

2 comments:

Kristi said...

Bless your heart, that must have scared you to death! She was just sleeping late, huh? Yes, tell her that Aunt Kissy owes her a spanking when she gets a little older for that...

Erica said...

Ug! No fun... I would have days of little movement, then a gymnastics day, even until the end.